Friday, May 2, 2008

My First Post

I haven't blogged in a long time. I need to get back into it. I need the support of other women who are in similar situations as me. I am the Assistant Pastor's Wife at a small church in South Carolina. Our church is unique because it houses a men's drug and alcohol program. Its very hard sometimes to get close to the men there because addictions are real and sometimes they get the better of people, even when they really want to get help and change. Addictions are strong holds that the enemy will do whatever it takes to get them to stay where they are and not let God move.

But moving on....Not sure how much traffic that this blog will generate, but I am hoping to connect with other pastor's wives. Some days its hard to be me. I feel really bad when I have days that I don't want to be "saintly" or that I am in a bad mood. I feel like people's eyes are always watching my every mood and I don't want to mess up.

I will be back later to spruce things up in here and tell more about me and my life.

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Tracy~ said...

Yay for you! I'm so glad you're going to give this a shot!!!
Love you
TD

Julo said...

sounds like you're in a very unique spot right now. i look forward to hearing what life is like at a church that has a rehab ministry. none of those people can truly be free from the grip of drugs and alcohol without Jesus. blessings!